Friday 13 September 2013

Now this ride is definitely on my ride 'to do' list

British Horse Feeds Red Dragon Festival of Endurance
Friday 4th, Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October 2013

This is one ride that I am determined to do one year. I love everything about these, in my book, 'proper' Endurance rides; the testing terrain, the unknown weather conditions at that time of year and in that part of the world, four seasons in one day often; I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

The ride description is quite brief, and I suspect it is a little more testing than it sounds -

'The route covers terrain that is mainly grass and heather on a rolling plateaux, with a couple of serious hills.  The going is fast when the ground is dry with wonderful views for those with time to admire.

There is very little tarmac (with most of it on the 62km, 82km and 164km route) and very few gates.'

I hope my boy realises that one day we'll be there, best not tell him just yet I don't think.

This year they have even put up a short video on the route itself, here's the link, enjoy -

http://www.reddragon.endurancegb.co.uk/index.shtml

Thanks go to EGB and Liz Sutton for the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment